After a lengthy break, I’ve decided that I will return to religiously writing to my blog. No, I didn’t forget it existed (well….maybe I did). I have simply just come to realize that I physically cannot function without purging words. And so the blog will continue, so please tag along with me as I catch up on the past two (or whatever) months I’ve neglected all of you. My apologies. It won’t happen again (anytime soon).
Last, I left you with my Dear Abby posts! I am really excited about them and I need to start promoting them again. I’ve gotten some really cool questions and I love giving advice. If you haven’t asked a question, don’t be scared. IT’S ANONYMOUS!! I promise… and I don’t lie. And even if you aren’t brave enough to ask Abby for some help, at least tell a friend because someone will always be in need of a little advice.
Okay moving on from the self-promoting, before the Dear Abby posts, most of my posts were short poems and random spurts of mindless babbling. Thank you and I’m sorry if that’s all you’ve seen thus far. I vow to be more insightful and thought provoking, hopefully.
Before that…. I made a list of things I wanted to do while at school. Lets take a look at that (again) and I will tell you what exactly I did end up accomplishing (and again).
- Find a decent hike in Fort Worth I wouldn’t necessarily call it a hike, but I did go kayaking in the Trinity River… that was kind of weird. I also stayed earthy with Caitlin while we hammocked (it’s a verb) frequently.
- Attain a few vintage items I wouldn’t necessarily say that I found it in Fort Worth… or even Texas for that matter. But, I am proud to announce that I, Tara McQueen, finally own a vintage Polaroid camera. It has yet to be used, because I don’t have film or paper yet. Someone come help me figure it out.
- Search for the perfect book store Finally! This one I accomplished. I am really thrilled about this because it was such a fluke. Caitlin and I had set out to go look at two bookstores in town. Unfortunately, we were stuck in traffic for about 45 and missed both stores seeing as they closed at 5 and that’s when FW traffic is even worse than normal. So we found ourselves lost on Magnolia when I ran into a dinky little bus on the side of the road. The WOW bus. http://www.thewowbus.com Go check them out! They would love some new people to be browsing around for some cool books.
- Find a new favorite book Don’t laugh at me, but I am telling you finals week was the best week of my life. I read ALL of my books in that one week. I will say I’ve never felt so inspired, luckily I used that for testing which left no inspiration for writing… Oh well, it was used effectively. I would also like to add that I currently just read The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. I never read it in High School, but I am glad I finally found the chance to this summer. If you haven’t read it I highly recommend it. I read it in a day or two. So easy, but so good.
Nothing Gold Can Stay Nature’s first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf’s a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay.
- Get a music education Lesli downloaded The Beatles first album. I obsessed over Ellie Goulding and cried over the fact that I didn’t get to see her perform when I literally had 5 chances. That is all.
- Write a song Lesli and I both wrote a song, and never put music to it. Yay us. But, we did discover how to harmonize (Lesli won’t agree) to Hallelujah and I learned to play that on the piano. That’s pretty exciting.
- Go to the drive-in theater This is literally the EASIEST thing to do on my list and I failed. I failed miserably. In my defense it rained and was cold whenever I wanted to go. I also don’t have a truck. Yeah, I have enough excused to put this off until next year. Any takers? Anyone have a truck and down to see a movie? Cool beans. Hit me up.
- Attend a concert Like I said, pissed I didn’t get to see Ellie Goulding, but stoked cuz Caitlin and I randomly got to see Scotty McCreery one night. I was also lucky enough to attend Stagecoach Country Music Festival in Indio, California. Caitlin, Teresa, and I had a blast! And since Hunter Hayes was so great I decided to buy tickets to his show tomorrow night at the Del Mar Fair. Yee Haw.
- Dress up 100% dressed up nearly every day the whole year. I am really proud of this. In appreciation of my efforts, I let myself off on the last night of school and went to the bars in just a plain tee and lululemon shorts. Yeah… I did it! whataryagonnadoboutit?
- Get a job oops
Thanks for catching up with me, readers! Stay posted! Congratulations to all of the graduates this year. Have the happiest of summers!