Many of us know them, religious or not. Regardless of our admittance, we all have committed at least one (prob more than that) of the seven deadly sins. Here is the breakdown:
Wrath: an angry emotional response due to feeling threatened
Example of the week: My roommate called me out for an event not to be mentioned, in front of some visiting friends. In the comfort of my own home, I felt threatened and reciprocated the sass with a retort of my own.
Greed: inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or objects far beyond what’s needed for survival and comfort
Example of the week: I really want that fat paycheck, but instead I am only getting $4 due to other people not paying. Come on people. I depend on you.
Sloth: spiritual or emotional apathy; also known as laziness
Example of the year: I don’t want to go to school, do my homework, or go to church.
Pride: inflated sense of one’s personal status
Example of the day: This directly relates to my greedy needs of green cash money. I was recently told I’ve made history for selling ads this past week. Feeling all high on my horse, I expected a bigger paycheck. Still hotheaded about this.
Lust: intense emotion or feeling of want; can take in any form such as lust for knowledge, sex, or power
Example of the week: Well, this is a little awkward. Sorry I want to be loved, it was Valentine’s weekend.
Envy: feeling a lack of a superior quality, achievement, or possession; usually wishes to inflict misfortune on others
Example of the week: I envy a particular person’s wit and humor and wish that it would rub off on me and vanish from this person’s outstanding vocabulary.
Gluttony: over-indulgence to the point of extravagance or waste
Example of the week: Chocolate. Enough said.
Tah dah! Now I’ve shared how wonderful (terrible?) of a person I am. I’m impressed if you read all that. Props to you. However, my post today isn’t necessarily about THE Seven Deadly Sins, but MY Seven Deadly Sins.
- Greed: already explained above
- Gossip: a girl does what any girl would. read Cosmo and talk crap
- Gamble: nope, not with a dice or cards or sports, gamble with people’s emotions
- Careless: my motivation for school and work have been flushed down a toilet
- Self-centered: my way or the highway
- Shy: I understand that this isn’t usually seen as a “sin” per-say, but I shy away from commitment, accomplishments, and unknowns
- Poor body image: chocolate + scale = oh no!
My goal for the week, month, year, whatever, is to improve on myself and chip away at each of my deadly sins. Hasta La Vista Sin City! So naturally, like any Pinterest-obsessed 20-something-year-old, I found some tips and tricks to kick my booty into gear and shape up. Get ready for some kooky solutions!
- For greed, eat one plain avocado without salt.
- For gossiping, tape your mouth shut with zebra pink duct tape.
- For gambling, flush your phone down the toilet.
- For carelessness, type with only one finger.
- For self-centeredness, make a cake, but don’t eat any of it.
- For shyness, raise your hand whenever the teacher asks a question.
- For poor body image, throw away half your closet.
Alright, alright, I’m kidding, but I would love some serious advice. Please comment below if you have any ideas or want some advice from me or other followers.